Screen Flicker

Notify us of a problem in this section!

Screen Flicker

Postby chriskj » Fri Jan 09, 2009 5:40 pm

I'm using an ATI 4850 video card and when I try to play in full screen with the 1.3 demo, the screen flickers badly, it's fine in windowed mode. I'm using the latest 8.12 drivers, Windows XP and have the latest Direct X installed. I've tried different resolutions and refresh rates but the problem is always there. Is this a known problem or something on my end? Thanks
chriskj

Re: Screen Flicker

Postby eli » Fri Jan 09, 2009 5:48 pm

probably your end..I use a HIS 4870 catalyst 8.12

What brand do you've? If the game flickers, it might mean that it's constantly switching power consumption mode. (changing between 2d & 3d mode).

In ATI catalyst go to ATI overdrive. I think you've to activate it (click the padlock). But you don't have to use it.
it says "Current Values" when playing Eternal Eden see if these clock numbers change. if it constantly changes back & forth flicker might occour. I've this issue when watching movies & the screen is completely black (such as before the title, or after the credits). Power consumption will switch back n forth between 2d & 3d mode.

Eternal Eden is all 2d, so catalyst might believe you're just at the desktop (not playing a game).

it's just a theory.

Did you try the set AA, AAA, AF all to application controlled? You won't need them in Eternal Eden anyway, because it's all 2d. Set V-sync to ON.

In Eternal Eden press F1, choose the option "reduce screen flicker". I never had to use this, but maybe it will fix your issue?
eli

Postby Ash » Fri Jan 09, 2009 6:04 pm

I have the same problem. The screen flickers in fullscreen mode only. It happened when I updated my driver, so I rolled it back and it's OK now. Nobody knew how to fix the issue though, eli had some suggestions but nothing worked... I think that Eternal Eden and ATI simply don't like each other.
Btw, how do you go to ATI Overdrive? Can't find it in my Catalyst Control Center...
Ash

Postby chriskj » Fri Jan 09, 2009 10:14 pm

Thanks for the help guys. I rolled back to previous driver version, tried the other suggestions and it still flickers. It works fine with no drivers installed. Oh well I wouldn't have bought the game anyway, the 1/2 hr. I played the demo was enough for me.
chriskj

Postby lenerica » Sat Jan 24, 2009 10:29 am

omg chriskj u do NOT know what u miss this game is perfect exept the few buggs and the missing ninetail
lenerica

Postby Paralel » Sat Jan 24, 2009 8:42 pm

lenerica wrote:omg chriskj u do NOT know what u miss this game is perfect exept the few buggs and the missing ninetail

Ninetail isn't missing.
Paralel

Return to Support