Can't find turtle in Gideon's shop

Turtle Hunt, Bounty Hunting, Extra Items and Secrets

Can't find turtle in Gideon's shop

Postby aubergine » Sun May 23, 2010 1:32 am

Had no problem spotting any of the other stealth turtles, but for the life of me, I just can't find this one. I've walked all over the lower right side of the screen over and over again hitting 'enter' every step; no luck. (And I am certain that I didn't catch it already and forgot.) I don't know. I took a screen shot; can anybody see the turtle?

gideon's shop.JPG
aubergine

Re: Can't find turtle in Gideon's shop

Postby Elder » Sun May 23, 2010 1:38 am

if you could send a PNG file it would be better to help to stop the turtle, but it seems you already collected it. Maybe you collected it even before knowing about this mini-game.

So if you have 1 missing turtle it should be in another location. They are easy to stop if you stop moving on each map and fix on the screen for any irregularity. The stealth turtles in the caves aren't moving, so the tile color on the ground should be different.
Elder
Site Admin

Postby aubergine » Sun May 23, 2010 3:18 am

No, I know absolutely that I didn't already get it. Here's where I'm at: I have 6 of 10, and haven't gotten into the caves yet, so that means I don't have the 2 in Bakku cave or the one in C10 (since it's only accessible through one of the caves). I have the ones from E11, D11, B9, B3, C7, and D2. The only one I haven't gotten that's NOT in/through the caves is the one in Gideon's shop.
Here's a PNG:
aubergine

Postby Elder » Sun May 23, 2010 5:18 am

I verified your PNG with the magnifier tool and you have caught that turtle. So don't worry about that one. It probably happened while you spoke to another character on that room.
Elder
Site Admin

Postby aubergine » Sun May 23, 2010 7:36 am

If I caught that turtle without realizing it, then there's still a problem because one of the ones I caught isn't showing up in my count. My count is at 6/10, and as I said above, I know which 6 those are because I've been keeping track. Seriously. And just for good measure I've been back to double-check that I got those 6 about a dozen times. Whatever the problem is, I think it's unlikely that I'm just overlooking one. (It wouldn't be bothering me so much, except that I'm sort of an obsessive completionist...if it's some kind of a hitherto-unreported bug or a fluke with no real solution, that's fine, but at this point the odds of me having overlooked one of the other non-cave-related turtles is really really slim.)
aubergine

Postby Elder » Sun May 23, 2010 8:15 am

I doubt very much there is a bug there, but only one way to find out :) send me your save files (send all of them to be sure I have the correct one).

elder@bl☼ssomsoft.com (replace the ☼ symbol with a real ‘o’ before emailing)

guideline to find/send your save files:
viewtopic.php?f=23&t=286

Expect a small delay :)
Elder
Site Admin

Return to Side Quests