Dark Souls ---> by Warfare Studios

Dark Souls ---> by Warfare Studios

Postby Elder » Tue Apr 21, 2009 2:46 am

19.99 USD

Image Image

Another RPG like Aveyond and 3 Stars of Destiny!

The story of a man, haunted by his violent, mercenary past and seeking a peace long denied him, talked into taking what he believes is a simple job as a bodyguard for an introverted girl with divine power and her hardline guardian. Soon however, he finds himself thrust into events beyond his control on a global scale, and must use his wits and skills to survive.

* Over 20 hours of gameplay
    * 40 areas to explore
    * 6 playable characters
    * Intriguing storyline
    * Sidequests
Elder
Site Admin

Re: Dark Souls ---> by Warfare Studios

Postby Beeberman » Tue Apr 21, 2009 7:23 am

hmm
maybe i try this game but i think there are other rpgs like this in the web for free....
Long days and pleasant nights
beeberman
Beeberman

Postby eternaledensnoah » Tue Apr 21, 2009 12:14 pm

It looks like a good game I will try
eternaledensnoah

Postby brain162 » Tue Apr 21, 2009 2:15 pm

DOES THIS GAME HAVE VARIOUS WAYS OF PLAYING, SUCH AS EASY, NORMAL & HARD! iF IT COMES THAT WAY AND IT'S GOOD, WILL BUY IT!

wITH REGARDS TO EEII, WILL ONLY BUY IT IF IT ALSO HAS THE SAME WAY TO PLAY! QUIT PLAYING EYES OF DESTINY AS IT NOT HAVE THAT AND THE LANGUAGE USED BY THE CHARACTERS IS DISGUSTING!!!! SOMEONE SHOULD BE TOLD THAT PEOPLE DON'T APPRECIATE OR LIKE A CHARACTER IN A RPG OR ANY ADVENTURE GAME FOR THAT MATTER TO HAVE THAT KIND OF LANGUAGE! BRAIN162

WILL ETERNAL EDEN HAVE THE THREE WAYS OF PLAYING?
brain162

Postby Delmaschio » Tue Apr 21, 2009 2:27 pm

Greetings,

I'm Delmaschio, creator of Warfare Studios and Dark Souls.
Unfortunately, the game won't have a difficulty selection, however it becomes pretty easy when you use the right strategies with the respective enemies.

The game has a serious atmosphere, I guarantee you that the language used by the characters is very well written and it's not offensive.

Now, for those who already downloaded and played the game, I'm here to tell everyone that verision 1.1 is already up.
The first version got corrupted, I don't know why, and it was giving a nasty error, though it's already fixed. Thank you for your understanding.

Someone asked Elder if we had a community or not, we do.
Website ---> (click on 'Join the Warfare Community!')

Feel free to post your comments and questions there, I'll be looking foward to reply each one of them.
Thank you very much!
Delmaschio

Postby dc6289 » Tue Apr 21, 2009 4:19 pm

I played the first free hour of the game, the first 5 minutes of the game has one word that can be offensive to describe the anomalies.

I liked the game but could not play full screen. I am wondering if that is just part of the free hour or is it something you are stuck with even after paying for it?

Delmaschio wrote:Greetings,

I'm Delmaschio, creator of Warfare Studios and Dark Souls.
Unfortunately, the game won't have a difficulty selection, however it becomes pretty easy when you use the right strategies with the respective enemies.

The game has a serious atmosphere, I guarantee you that the language used by the characters is very well written and it's not offensive.

Now, for those who already downloaded and played the game, I'm here to tell everyone that verision 1.1 is already up.
The first version got corrupted, I don't know why, and it was giving a nasty error, though it's already fixed. Thank you for your understanding.

Someone asked Elder if we had a community or not, we do.
Website ---> (click on 'Join the Warfare Community!')

Feel free to post your comments and questions there, I'll be looking foward to reply each one of them.
Thank you very much!
dc6289

Postby aislingyngaio » Tue Apr 21, 2009 7:37 pm

IF the game is made with the RPG Maker engine, try pressing Alt+Enter to toggle between windowed and full screen mode. This works for RM2k3, RMXP and RMVX.
~Aisling Yinyr Ngaio~
House of Ngaio ~ Game discounts, free RPG walkthroughs and others...
Visit now to get Awakening: The Dreamless Castle for free!
aislingyngaio

Postby Delmaschio » Wed Apr 22, 2009 2:25 am

Yes, activate the full screen mode you must press alt+enter.
Thank you for liking the game. :D
Delmaschio

Postby Elder » Tue May 05, 2009 11:42 pm

So anyone played the game and would like to share their thoughts?
Elder
Site Admin

Postby kath427 » Wed May 06, 2009 6:51 pm

I played the demo and it's not a bad game. I like finding lots of items and they seem far and few between. I only played an hour though so maybe it gets better. I like alot of depth to these type of games also and really didn't see it here. If I'm not hooked in the first hour I usually don't buy them. Now talking about games with depth and ones I can't wait to buy, get going on Eternal Eden 2 would ya?? :lol:
kath427

Postby darksoulsfan » Wed May 13, 2009 10:48 pm

I already posted this on Warfare Studios' community, I thought it would be useful posting it here too! :D

Storyline
Amazing! I love how it is simple yet keeps wondering about what's going to happen, that's just brillant, it flows easily and you can always keep in pace with it. The characters are very well developed and I'm sure that by the way it ended there will be a sequel, and I'm looking foward to it!

Soundtrack
It's nice to the ears, I wouldn't say it is astonishing or as amazing as the storyline and characters but it is also good. It reminded of old RPGs I used to play when I was younger.

Fun Factor
It's just amazing, I have to admit that when I played the first hour I wasn't very intrigued nor inclined to purchase the full version, though I gave it a second thought, after reading some of the feedback here I decided to give it a chance and I don't regret it, the game is simply amazing, it's very fun, the animated battle system is beautiful, it kept me wanting more battles! The sense of humor is rather different, there isn't really a scene intended to be fun, but you always find yourself laughing with what has been said by some of the characters, it's just incredible!

All in All
A must have game. If you consider yourself a RPG fan than you have to purchase this one, it's clearly not a masterpiece yet but it is a very good game and it certainly lives up to the genre. Out of 10 I would give it 8, I don't really remember the last I had so much fun playing an RPG with the same atmosphere as this one, it is darked so many people may want not to play because that style in new to the indie RPGs, but the game on the opposite of what it appears is not stressing at all due the darker and serious atmosphere, again the game flows so easily when it ends you say... already? Oh sh... I wish there was more!
darksoulsfan

Postby Delmaschio » Thu May 14, 2009 12:53 am

Neal from RPGFan has just made his review from Dark Souls, I'm glad he liked it so much!
See it for yourselves!
http://www.rpgfan.com/reviews/Dark_Souls/index.html
Delmaschio

Postby Elder » Thu May 14, 2009 7:31 am

I would really like to congratulate Raphael for all his efforts to make his game stable and improved.

And great review from RPG Fan too! :)
Elder
Site Admin

Postby Delmaschio » Thu May 14, 2009 8:30 pm

Thank you Eric, I know a lot of people were waiting for a review to play the game, now is the time! :D
Delmaschio

Postby Delmaschio » Wed May 27, 2009 12:42 pm

Game Tunnel released their review of Dark Souls!
http://www.gametunnel.com/dark-souls-game-review.php
Delmaschio

Postby Zemba » Wed May 27, 2009 12:46 pm

The review is pretty good. :)
Congrats, really, for getting there!
It seems those guys do not have the slightest interest in any of my games, GameTunnel must hate me. :mrgreen:
Zemba

Postby Delmaschio » Fri May 29, 2009 10:07 pm

Thank you very much man, I worked hard developing Dark Souls.
Well, if you suggested your game and they didn't reviewed they might have forgotten about it, I submited Dark Souls to Game Tunnel in the release week, they only got the review done a few days ago, they have a lot of work.
Delmaschio

Postby Delmaschio » Wed Jun 03, 2009 1:16 am

Dark Souls won a Silver Award on GameTunnel's monthly roundup, see it for yourselves!
http://www.gametunnel.com/may-2009-indi ... rticle.php
Delmaschio

Postby Exodus » Mon Jun 08, 2009 8:04 pm

Many congratulations on your award! :) Certainly well-deserved for all of your hard work and a job well-done. It's definitely a motivator and a goal to work towards!
:: Game developer & comic book artist :: ~Myth Xaran (RPG) available now!~
Exodus

Postby Delmaschio » Thu Jun 11, 2009 4:22 pm

Thank you very much, I did worked hard on Dark Souls, it's great to see it winning awards over the magazines and most important... the players are liking it very much.
Delmaschio

Postby Delmaschio » Sat Jun 13, 2009 3:46 pm

Greetings everyone,

Ellenor made a very beautiful fanart from Ashley, the main female character, Ellenor is a very talentend artist, see it for yourlseves!

Delmaschio

Postby miskinsincap » Wed Jun 24, 2009 12:51 pm

Hmm, I've been playing this game for a couple of days now, and I couldn't decide whether I liked it or not. Before writing anything, I must say that, I am in a very dark mood recently, so this mood possibly effects my views about the game, but I still want to share them.

First of all, the lack of a map or at least a log book really makes me tired. I have lots of things going in my real life, and it is difficult to track down 'what was I to do?' in game just by referring to my memory. Then I have this lack of exploration feeling all along. I still hope it will change soon, but so far in the game, the only strategy I followed was to follow an almost straight road from a town to another, stacking up supplies when available and fighting abnomalies at certain points. I mean, it would really be nice to explain some open territory and find some treasure in the places where I least expect, instead of always following a routine track. I actually liked the glitter idea, but I dont't know, I kind of miss to see a hidden chest every now and then.

Ok, I'm aware that I'm being grumpy. It's obvious that lots of effort was put into this game. The story is nice, game play is nice. It's definitely a worth to try out game. Maybe it's just my mood which doesn't fit well with the game athmosphere right now.
miskinsincap

Postby blumyst » Wed Jul 01, 2009 8:59 pm

The game is unusable! I tried the demo and it wouldnt work for me. So how am I suppose to know if its good or not??
blumyst

Postby JerrySD » Wed Jul 08, 2009 8:47 pm

I really appreciate that all the art is custom-made as well as the monster deisgns. Thats really cool. I also like the characters personalities so far.
JerrySD

Postby Delmaschio » Sun Jul 26, 2009 6:26 pm

@miskinsincap - You can rest assured that all of your comments will be taken into consideration for Dark Souls II, which is already under development. I did received that same kind of feedback on the exploration of the game, it does needs a map and I'll work on it. Thank you for your nice comments and for playing the game, it means a lot to me and I really appreciate it. Stay tuned for Dark Souls II! :D

@blumyst - I'm sorry to hear that, though I have just tried the download myself and it worked perfectly, if you had problems with it, it was probably problems with the server at that particular moment, that happens, Elder can confirm it, we use the same host and sometimes it runs out of server, though it's very rare. I wish you manage to try out the game and purchase a copy! :D

@JerrySD - Thank you for your comments, I appreciate it.
I noticed you didn't posted a comment in Dark Souls II's development thread, you were one of the members that asked for it, maybe you didn't noticed yet, I'm looking foward to hear your feedback on it.

Thank you all for your comments, I'm sorry it took me a while to reply them.

Kind regards,
Raphael Delmaschio.
Delmaschio

Return to temp